The Pioreactor 20mL is a bioreactor designed for researchers, students, bio-enthusiasts, and professionals. Build it, learn with it, and extend it to do things you've never done with a bioreactor before. Learn about how it works and it's many features. The basic plastic material is PLA. If you need higher culture temperatures (40℃ or more), upgrade to our high-temp plastic.
The Pioreactor comes in a kit that takes about 15 minutes to assemble.
- Pioreactor HAT for your Raspberry Pi
- Heating and temperature circuit board (ambient → ambient + 20℃)
- Stirring assembly and 3x10mm PTFE stir bar
- IR photodiodes & IR LED for optical density measurements
- 20ml glass vial, vial cap with inlet/outlet silicone tubes and male luer locks
- All necessary assembly screws, nuts, and standoffs
- Software & future updates are free, forever.
- (Optional: a Raspberry Pi Zero 2, with headers)
If using the Pioreactor for chemostats or turbidostats, also add peristaltic pumps to your order.
We highly recommend getting a good power supply unit for your Raspberry Pi / Pioreactor. We like the official Raspberry Pi PSUs, available at most retailers that sell the Raspberry Pi.
We aslo recommend a good quality, class 10, microSD card of size 16GB or 32Gb.