The Pioreactor 20mL is a bioreactor designed for students, teachers, bio-enthusiasts, and professionals. Build it, learn with it, and extend it to do things you've never done with a bioreactor before. Learn about how it works and it's many features. View our shipping policy.
The Pioreactor comes in a kit that takes about 15 minutes to assemble.
- Pioreactor HAT for your Raspberry Pi
- Heating and temperature circuit board (ambient → ambient + 20℃)
- Stirring components and 15mm stir bar
- IR photodiodes & IR LED for optical density measurements
- 20ml glass vial and cap, inlet/outlet silicon tubes with male luer locks
- All necessary assembly screws, nuts, and standoffs
- Software is free, forever.
If using the Pioreactor for chemostats or turbidostats, also add peristaltic pumps to your order.