A simple and efficient bioreactor
Your microbial cultures are housed in a 15ml glass vial in our custom sleeve. The sleeve is temperature controlled, embedded with optical density sensors, and easy to assemble.
Powered by Raspberry Pi
Our custom board sits on top of a Raspberry Pi. The board controls LEDs, motors, fluid pumps, and converts sensor signals into digital data.
We've added lots of additional IO for custom bioreactor behaviours.
Pioreactor is your microbial co-pilot
Built with a modern tech stack that works on any operating system: just open up your web browser.
No more headaches trying to install some specific software on your old lab computer.
• Real-time tracking of culture density and growth rates
• High throughput data collection and storage
• Export experiment data to CSVs
• View and modify bioreactors remotely
Absolute control of each bioreactor
Pioreactors can be used individually, or in concert with other Pioreactors for scaling experiments.
• Built-in dosing, heating, and LED automations
• Fine control of bioreactor settings and detailed logging of each action performed
• One-click calibrations and self-tests
Code your custom behaviour
Design and implement how your bioreactor behaves using the Pioreactor's Python API.
Use feedback loops to respond to how your cultures are progressing, set up alerts to other systems, or implement new machine learning models.