Adding a new Pioreactor
To add a new Pioreactor, you'll need the following:
- A Raspberry Pi, with power cord
- A blank microSD card
- A computer with the RaspberryPi Imager installed and that can read & write to the microSD card
- The Pioreactor hardware hat
With that all ready, let's begin:
- Insert your microSD card into your computer.
- Open the RaspberryPi Imager, and hold "ctrl-shift-x" to bring up the settings menu
- Check "Enable SSH", with password
raspberry. This is important.
- Check "Configure wifi", and add your credentials.
- Click "Save".
- Choose the "Raspberry Pi OS Lite" and your storage, and click "write".
- When done, unmount the microSD, insert it into the Raspberry Pi, and attach the Pioreactor hat to the RaspberryPi.
- Turn on the Raspberry Pi by inserting the power cord.
In the Pioreactors page, you'll see a button to [Add new Pioreactor]
In the resulting dialog box, enter the name you wish to call the new Pioreactor.
💡 Only lowercase letters, dashes, and numbers are allowed in this name
Clicking [Install and connect] will start the process of installing the necessary software on the Raspberry Pi and connecting it to your existing Pioreactor cluster. The entire process should take less than 10 minutes, and multiple Pioreactors can be added simultaneously.